Sunday, February 1, 2009

It Happened


The email read: "Good to talk to you. This is a confirmation that you will be a Tobe intern this summer." I screamed. I started to hyperventilate. I ran upstairs to share the news with the parents who would be funding this dream opportunity. To catch you up a little, Tobe stands for The Tobe Report. Based on Fashion Ave in New York City, this small company focuses on trend forecasting, retail analysis, and fashion consulting. They work with some of the top people in the industry to strategize decisions ultimately affecting what you buy and wear. Following their forecasting predictions, they send out an almost weekly report to major retail stores highlighting what's in, what's out, and what's everything in between. Eleven weeks of my summer season are now officially devoted to the New York fashion scene. Yes, it's finally happening.

Are you a New York fashion intern too? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment